On 26 February 2019, the Court of Appeal of Ghent ruled on the income tax treatment of an asymmetric debt-equity swap. The Court decided that both the contributing company and receiving company have to apply the same value. In the case at hand, a company A had a receivable of 1000 on its subsidiary B,
Value means different things to different people
That’s why you can decide to receive updates only for the issues that matter most to you.
Most popular news
- Shareholder Rights Directive II. Financial institutions, are you prepared?
- Belgian Ratification of the MLI: a Game Changer in the International Tax Field
- Update on submission of CbCR Notification (i.e. form 275 CBC NOT)
- Brexit update – EU Commission encourage stakeholders to prepare for a no-deal
- Taxation of severance pay – reference year: 12 months of taxable ‘professional income’