Carried forward tax losses of both the absorbed and absorbing company are subject to limitation upon a tax neutral merger. As regards tax losses of the absorbing company, it is generally accepted by tax practitioners that the loss limitation rule only applies to prior year tax losses (i.e. losses reported in the latest tax return
Value means different things to different people
That’s why you can decide to receive updates only for the issues that matter most to you.
Most popular news
- New ‘60-day rule’ for pension funds: the practice note was published
- Investment deduction for assessment year 2020 published
- Shareholder Rights Directive II. Financial institutions, are you prepared?
- Important changes to the regime of specialised real estate investment funds (FIIS/GVBF)
- Belgian Ratification of the MLI: a Game Changer in the International Tax Field