The new reference CO2 emission for calculating the taxable benefit in kind for the private use of a company car in the hands of company directors and employees has been published in the Royal Decree dated 16 December 2014.
For income year 2015, the reference CO2 emission for the above taxable benefit in kind is adapted as follows:
- Petrol, LPG or natural gas cars: 110 g CO2/km (instead of 112 g C02/km for income year 2014)
- Diesel cars: 91 g CO2/km (instead of 93 g C02/km for income year 2014)
Please note that the minimum taxable benefit in kind for a company car (i.e. EUR 1.250 for income year 2014) has not yet been published for income year 2015.
There are no further changes to the lump-sum valuation method for benefits in kind.
The above reference CO2 emission is effective as of 1 January 2015 and the corresponding benefit in kind should already be processed in the payrolls for January.
Due to this change, the taxable benefit in kind will slightly increase in income year 2015 compared to income year 2014.
Latest posts by Nicolas de Limbourg (see all)
- Have you thought about buying back study years for your pension? - January 19, 2017
- Update – New upcoming tax measures – Program Act enacted - January 3, 2017
- Benefit in kind – Private use of a company car: updated formula for 2017 - December 12, 2016