The OECD’s Revised Discussion Draft contains several important changes. These were based on the comments received on the prior Discussion Draft. The majority of the document provides additional guidance on how to correctly allocate ‘return related to an intangible’ (also described as: ‘intangible related return’). The Revised Discussion Draft states that although contractual relationships between related parties will continue to serve as a starting point for any transfer pricing analysis, the location where material functions related to intangible assets are performed is also considered to be key. This focus on functional value creation is being formalised by the OECD through the concept of ‘important functions’, which consists of the crucial activities and decisions identified under the prior Discussion Draft. Download the full report for more detailed information and the observations PwC made.
Value means different things to different people
That’s why you can decide to receive updates only for the issues that matter most to you.
- Belgian Ratification of the MLI: Ratification document deposited at OECD on 26 June 2019
- Fundamental changes to international tax structure ahead following OECD project on digitalisation of the economy
- Belgian Ratification of the MLI: a Game Changer in the International Tax Field
- Update on submission of CbCR Notification (i.e. form 275 CBC NOT)
- The preparation of the corporate income tax return and the local form – general due date of 26 September 2019!