Severance pay From a Belgian income tax point of view, all payments made by a company as a result of the discontinuation of the work or the termination of an employment contract of an employee are characterized as “severance pay”. In principle, such payments are taxed in accordance with the regime of article 171, 5°,
Value means different things to different people
That’s why you can decide to receive updates only for the issues that matter most to you.
Most popular news
- Brexit update: Brexit – The end of uncertainty?
- The OECD releases its Transfer Pricing Guidance on Financial Transactions
- Tax Authorities have issued Circular Letter regarding the Group Contribution Regime
- Time to act as OECD/G20 Inclusive Framework moves forward on new tax rules
- Mandatory disclosure rules for intermediaries (DAC 6) – Belgian law adopted by the Chamber of Representatives