If the relevant double tax treaty allocates the right to tax employment income to another state, the income will in principle be exempted from taxes in Belgium. However, for tax residents of Belgium, foreign source professional income still needs to be reported in the Belgian personal income tax return and an exemption (with progression reserve)
Value means different things to different people
That’s why you can decide to receive updates only for the issues that matter most to you.
Most popular news
- New ‘60-day rule’ for pension funds: the practice note was published
- Shareholder Rights Directive II. Financial institutions, are you prepared?
- Important changes to the regime of specialised real estate investment funds (FIIS/GVBF)
- Belgian Ratification of the MLI: a Game Changer in the International Tax Field
- Belgian Tax on Savings Income (art. 19bis BITC): important clarification from the Minister of Finance for certain AIFs