On 5 January 2017, the European Commission (“EC”) published its opening decision in the formal investigation into Luxembourg tax rulings obtained by entities of GDF Suez. The opening decision dated 19 September 2016 explains the reasons for the initiation of the formal investigation and the additional information requested from Luxembourg in order to reach a final conclusion. This decision represents therefore the opening, not the outcome, of the EC’s formal investigation into this matter. More information in this respect can be found here (PwC EU Direct Tax Newsalert dd. 6 January 2017).
- Media centre News
- Non-confidential version of the EC’s State aid opening decision in GDF Suez published
Non-confidential version of the EC’s State aid opening decision in GDF Suez published
Published on 6 January 2017
Value means different things to different people
That’s why you can decide to receive updates only for the issues that matter most to you.
Belgian Tax Reform
- European Commission opens State aid investigation into Luxembourg’s tax treatment of Huhtamäki
- European Commission adopts temporary State aid framework enabling EU Member States to support their economies during the COVID-19 crisis
- Law implementing recovery procedure with regard to the Belgian excess profit provision adopted
- European Commission sets out next steps to boost tax transparency
- European Commission proposes Anti-Tax Avoidance Package
© 2016 - PwC. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity.
Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.