Tax transparency is the new normal. An ever increasing amount of EU legislation is passed under the banner of the fight against tax fraud. The scope of the legal instruments that allow for mutual assistance between tax authorities are constantly extended.
This trend poses a huge challenge for businesses that are coping with tax officials who are using every means possible to collect taxes, while often overlooking the fundamental rights of taxpayers.
This podcast illustrates how instruments providing for taxpayer’s fundamental rights can restore the balance.
About the speakers:
- Bram Markey, Director – Transfer Pricing, PwC
- Nicolas Dutré, Senior Manager, PwC
- Véronique De Brabanter, Senior Counsel, Attorney at PwC Legal
Missed the previous episodes?
You can listen again via Spotify, Google and Apple Podcasts.
More news about
- Accounting and Tax Compliance
- Corporate income tax
- Customs & VAT
- Financial Services Tax & Regulatory
- International taxation
- Tax challenges arising from the digitalisation of the economy/Global anti-base erosion (GloBE)
- Tax controversy and dispute resolution (TCDR)
- Transfer pricing