On 8 October 2021, the Inclusive Framework (IF) announced a further agreement backed by 136 (out of 140) members of the Inclusive Framework on the two-pillar approach. In the last few days, a number of countries that initially opposed the reform are now also signing up for it (e.g. Hungary, Ireland and Estonia). With this, all EU Member States that are part of the IF are supporting the reform. In this podcast we’ll discuss the key takeaways from the 8 October IF Statement. Furthermore we provide some insights on the expected implementation of the agreement in the EU.
About the speakers:
- Evi Geerts, International Tax Director, PwC Belgium
- Jean-Philippe Van West, Senior Counsel International Tax, PwC Belgium
- Stefaan De Baets, Senior Counsel International Tax, PwC Belgium
Missed the previous episodes?
You can listen again via Spotify, Google and Apple Podcasts.
More news about
- Accounting and Tax Compliance
- Corporate income tax
- Customs & VAT
- Financial Services Tax & Regulatory
- International taxation
- Personal income tax
- Tax challenges arising from the digitalisation of the economy/Global anti-base erosion (GloBE)
- Tax controversy and dispute resolution (TCDR)
- Transfer pricing